- Self portraiture as an extension of self
- Self portraiture as a form of self discovery (present moment)
- Self portraiture as a form of self reflection (hindsight)
- Conscious vs subconscious – who do we think we are versus who we actually are
- Discrepancies between the identity we show through self portraiture versus our actual identity – who we want to be versus who we actually are
- Once something is posted on the internet, do we really ‘own’ it anymore. Is instagram photography ‘art’? Is our image our own?